Our Deceuninck PVCu windows are available in 2800 profile or 2500 chamfered. We also install the new award winning Deceuninck Flush Casement window. All of these systems are available in a variety of styles and colours to suit your home and give you the following benefits:
- A++ rating as standard can go up to a A+7 if required.
- Single and dual colours available.
- Six woodgrain options.
- Steel reinforced for added strength where required.
- Softline and chamfered frames and vents available.
PVCu or uPVC?
What is the difference between uPVC and PVCu?
It is the same thing. uPVC changed it’s name to PVCu (you may also see it as PVC-U) in the late 1980s to fall in line with Europe. It is called PVCu there because most European languages place the noun (the word PVC in this case) before the adjective (U).
The ‘PVC’ part of it stands for Polyvinyl Chloride. The ‘U’ stands for Un-plasticised.
Poly Vinyl Chloride, which we know as every day ‘PVC’ is modified, i.e. softened to be used in the manufacture of products such as sport bags and fake leather. It is the use of this material which has made us familiar with the abbreviation ‘PVC’.
The basic material properties of PVCu make it ideal for window and door application:
- PVCu does not rot or biologically decompose.
- PVCu is resistant to weathering with low maintenance requirements.
- PVCu is tough on impact.
- PVCu retains its shape within normal climatic temperatures.
- PVCu can be reshaped at very high temperature and can therefore be recycled.